- + Why should I register?
Your registration will help us to provide you with quick and easy service should your product be in need of a repair. To register your product, click here: click here.
- + What information do I need when registering my product?
Please be ready to provide the serial number of your product. You can find the serial number at the bottom of your Toshiba product. Your product can be registered here.
- + Where can I check my Warranty status?
Once your registration details have been received by Toshiba, the warranty status can be checked here
at any time. Please note that it will take up to 5 working days until the warranty status might be updated.
- + How long does the Toshiba Standard Warranty last?
All Toshiba Laptops, Netbooks, Tablets and All-in-One PCs are covered by a twelve (12) months carry-in warranty
- + Is there an option to extend the Standard Warranty?
Toshiba offers several Services that cater to your demands and needs. You can choose between - Warranty Extensions up to 4 years or several additional Toshiba Services, e.g. On-site Repair Next Business Day Response Service, Pick-up & Return Service, No matter what Guarantee etc…
Visit the Toshiba Online Store
to find the perfect Service for you!
- + When does the Toshiba Standard Warranty coverage begin?
The standard warranty is valid from the date of purchase of your product. Your dated sales or delivery receipt showing the date of purchase of the product is your proof of purchase. You may be required to provide proof of purchase as a condition of receiving warranty service.
- + How long does the Toshiba Standard Warranty cover batteries?
The warranty of batteries of being free from defects in hardware or workmanship is limited to a maximum of twelve (12) months due to the nature of item. If you would like to extend the warranty of your battery or if you need a battery replacement on demand service in case the warranty of your battery expired already, please visit the Toshiba Online Store
- + What is covered by the Standard Warranty?
Toshiba warrants any Toshiba laptop, tablet and/or “All-in-One” PC first sold to an end-user (Original Purchase) to be free from defects in hardware components and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
- + Is the Standard Warranty transferable?
No, the warranty is only valid for the product you have bought and registered.
- + What is not covered by the Standard Warranty?
The Toshiba Limited Warranty does not apply to:
1. defects caused by normal wear and tear including the fair wear of consumable parts, i.e. parts that require periodic replacement during the normal course of product usage (e.g. batteries);
2. breaks, tears, scratches, dents, scratched or faded covers or plastics and broken ports or any other cosmetic damage;
3. defective or discoloured keyboards or keycaps if the damages are caused by fluids, dirt, missing keys, broken plastic parts or improper use;
4. damage caused by use with another product;
5. use of the product other than for its normal intended use, including without limitation, failure to use the product in accordance with the user’s manual that accompanies the product;
6. damage caused by accident, abuse, contamination, misuse, viruses, liquid contact, fire, earthquake, improper or inadequate maintenance or calibration, negligence to the product or other external causes;
7. environmental damages and/or defects resulting from smoke, dust, dirt, carbon black or other external influences;
8. a Toshiba product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Toshiba;
9. products where the serial number has been removed, damaged, rendered defective or made illegible;
10. modification of the system including defects caused by use of parts not manufactured and/or sold by Toshiba;
11. improper installation of third-party products (e.g. memory cards);
12. displays that show breaks, scratches, dents, liquids or any other damage resulting from improper use of the display;
13. minor pixel defects of LCD displays occurring in products equipped with LCD display technology. For more information on defective LCD displays, please see the “FAQ for LCD Pixel Policy” .
14. damages resulting from improper transportation or packing when returning the product to Toshiba or a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider;
15. issues resulting from parts intended for one product installed in another product of different manufacturer or model;
16. damages caused by services/repairs or other modifications to the product carried out by anyone other than Toshiba or a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider;
17. damages caused by self-repair or by performing an exchange of Non-CRU parts on your own;
18. defective hardware components (e.g. hard drive) that result from misuse of the product;
19. any preinstalled software, its quality, performance, merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose;
20. the loss of or damage to any program, data or removable storage media and/or any software program, whether provided with the System or installed subsequently;
21. the Toshiba Limited Warranty does not cover any Toshiba accessories. In case of failure, please refer to the accessories terms and conditions.
22. also excluded are non-Toshiba peripherals such as printers, scanners, etc. These may be covered under separate agreements. For more details please ask your Toshiba Authorized Reseller or Service Provider. Depending on the choice of Operating System there might be only limited functionalities.
23. any errors or malfunction resulting out of the installation of an Operating System is not covered by the Standard Warranty.
- + Does the limited warranty cover software?
Software is not covered by the Limited Warranty.
- + Where can I download drivers or a user manual for my laptop and obtain further support?
Please refer to the Technical Support Center
section on the Toshiba website page in your country for this kind of information and support.
- + Do I need to keep the sales receipt in order to receive warranty coverage?
Yes, Toshiba, its Authorised Service Resellers and Service Providers reserve the right to request a proof of purchase (e.g. paid and dated invoice from the Authorised Reseller) stating model and serial number before accepting any warranty claim. Claims will only be effective if made within the warranty period.
- + Do I need to back up my data?
You are responsible for saving (backing up) any programs, recovery media, data or removable storage media as well as for the restoration or reinstallation of any programs or data other than software installed by Toshiba when the System is manufactured. In relation to the System submitted for warranty services, Toshiba may opt to either (1) repair the System or (2) replace the System with a manufactured system of equal quality, and, thus, any data stored by you on your original System may become permanently inaccessible to you.
If your System was supplied with a recovery medium, please note that it is important to keep it in a safe place as you may not claim further recovery media and you are responsible for backing up the medium.
If your System was supplied with a system recovery option, it is important to copy the feature preinstalled on your hard disk to either a CD or DVD medium and keep it in a safe place. Please refer to the User’s Manual for further information.
In case you have lost your data, you can purchase a Data Recovery On demand Service from Toshiba click here.
- + How can I obtain service?
Before contacting Toshiba, please…
- Check if your product is charged/connected to mains and switched on correctly;
- Reset the product to its original configuration by removing accessories and external connections
- Consult the User’s Manual for important tips on how to operate and troubleshoot your product;
- Note down product name, model number, serial number, hardware and software configuration and a description of the problem (e.g. error messages that appear on the screen). Contact your nearest Technical Support Center
or Authorised Service Provider
- + What are customer replaceable units (CRU)?
Depending on the model, some parts (e.g. AC-adapter) can be easily replaced by you. Those parts are defined as Customer Replaceable Units (CRU parts). Toshiba may at its sole discretion decide to ship CRU parts to you. Upon receipt of the replacement part , the original part becomes the property of Toshiba. If requested by Toshiba, the original part has to be returned to Toshiba at Toshiba’s expense. In the event that the original part is not received by Toshiba within fifteen (15) working days following receipt of the shipment instructions, you will be charged the retail value of the replacement part.
- + How long will it take to repair my laptop?
Toshiba makes every effort to have your product repaired as fast as possible.
- + What do I need to include when returning a product?
You will be required to deliver your Toshiba product including battery, power cord and AC adapter and arrange for its collection upon completion of repair. In case of sending in your product please make sure it is packed securely for shipment.
- + Are there any additional costs?
Toshiba is not liable for any transport, delivery or insurance costs, import duties, taxes, licensing fees and any charges from telephone / fax communications as consequence of the failure of the product. Should your Standard Warranty include a Pick-up & Return Service, the costs for repair/replacement, logistics and/or insurance will be covered by Toshiba. Additional costs may apply in case the damage of your product is not covered under your current warranty terms.