All Toshiba products are delivered with a free of charge standard warranty that may vary depending on your product. You will find the latest standard warranty terms and conditions per product below.
- Toshiba Laptops, All-in-One PCs, Netbooks and Tablets are covered with at least 1 year European standard warranty, valid from the date of purchase
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for Laptops & PCs and Tablets
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for Folio Multimedia Tablet
- Toshiba Televisions, Blu-ray-/DVD-Player and Satellite Receiver are covered with at least 1 year European standard warranty, valid from the date of purchase
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for TV, Blu-ray-/DVD-Player and Satellite Receiver
- Toshiba Digital Camcorders are covered with a 2 year standard warranty, valid from the date of purchase
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for Camileo Camecorder
- Toshiba Hard Drives are covered with a 2 year standard warranty, valid from the date of purchase
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for Hard Disk Drive
- Toshiba Accessories are covered with at least 1 year European standard warranty, valid from the date of purchase
Laptops, PCs, Netbooks and Tablets Accessories
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for Mobile USB LCD Monitor
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for TOSHIBA AT100 MULTI-DOCK with HDMI®
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for Display Port Adapter
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for Mini 3D Sound Bar
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for Lumileo Beamer
TOSHIBA Limited Warranty for Data Projector
- Registration of your warranty will help Toshiba provide you with a faster service
- Your registration allows you to benefit from updates about new products, special offers, and driver updates so you get the most out of your Toshiba product
- Your registration will ensure your coverage starting from the date of purchase of your Toshiba product
- Some Toshiba laptops even come with a free warranty extension through registration
- + How long does the Toshiba Standard Warranty last?
All Toshiba notebooks, netbooks, tablets and All-in-One PCs (furthermore referred to as “system”) are covered by a twelve (12) month carry-in warranty.
- + When does the coverage begin?
The warranty is valid from the date of purchase.
- + Do I need to register in order to obtain Warranty Service?
Your registration will help us provide you with quick and easy service should your system be in need of repair. To activate your standard warranty, register your warranty now.
- + Where can I check my Warranty status?
Once your registration details have been received by Toshiba, the warranty status can be checked here
at any time.
- + What is covered by the Standard Warranty?
Toshiba warrants any Toshiba system first sold to an end-user to be free from defects in components and workmanship under normal use for the duration of the warranty period. The warranty covers defects caused by malfunction of components and workmanship which occur during normal use within the warranty period, as well as the costs of service parts and labour required to restore the system to full working order.
- + What kind of activities can void the Warranty?
The warranty does not extend to:
- Any system that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of use of the system other than for its normal intended use, failure to use the system in accordance with the User’s Manual that accompanies your system or other misuse, abuse, viruses or negligence to the system.
- Improper transportation or packing when returning the system to Toshiba or a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider.
- Fair wear and tear of consumable parts, i.e. parts that require periodic replacement during the normal course of the laptop usage, including notebooks batteries, AC Adapters or appearance parts (without limitations).
- Defects caused by external force, abuse, incorrectly connected external devices or improper installation of third party products (e.g. memory expansion cards).
- Cosmetic damages such as scratches and dents, scratched, faded or discoloured keycaps, covers and plastics.
- Failures in the system that result from service, maintenance or repair activities carried out by a party other than a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider, or in case the labels or serial numbers of the system or parts of it have been modified or made illegible.
- Replacement of any Toshiba system or option by another non-Toshiba system or option.
- + Do I need to keep the sales receipt in order to receive warranty coverage?
Toshiba, its Authorised Service Resellers and Service Providers reserve the right to request a proof of purchase (e.g. paid and dated invoice from the Authorised Reseller) stating model and serial number before accepting any warranty claim. Claims will only be effective if made within the warranty period.
- + Is the Standard Warranty transferable?
No, the warranty is only valid for the system you have bought and registered, not for its owner.
- + Is there an option to extend the Standard Warranty?
Toshiba offers several Services that cater exactly to your demands and needs. You can choose between an International Warranty Extension for 2, 3 or 4 years of your Standard Warranty or several additional Toshiba Services which also contain a warranty extension here.
- + The Toshiba Standard Warranty has expired but I need a repair. What can I do?
Only Toshiba Authorised Service Providers
are entitled to perform warranty repairs on your Toshiba system. We recommend contacting these providers also in case the Toshiba Standard Warranty has already expired.
- + How long will it take to repair my laptop?
Toshiba makes every effort to have your system repaired as fast as possible.
- + What do I need to consider when registering my product?
Please be ready to provide the serial number of your system. You can find the serial number at the bottom of your Toshiba product. Your system can be registered here.
Please also inform Toshiba in case of any product relocation by updating your registration data on the very same website.
- + What is not covered by the Standard Warranty?
Excluded are software, accessories, digital products (such as connectivity items), external hard drives and cameras as these may fall under separate regulations. Also excluded are non-Toshiba peripherals such as printers, scanners and the like. They may be covered under separate agreements. For more details please ask your Toshiba Authorised Reseller or Service Provider. Depending on the choice of Operating System there might be only limited functionalities. Any errors or malfunction resulting out of the installation of an Operating System is not covered by the Standard Warranty.TIP:
For complete peace of mind, you can chose additional services covering more than parts and labour – just visit the Toshiba Online Store!
- + Where can I download drivers or a user manual for my laptop and obtain further support?
Please refer to the Support & Download
section on the Toshiba page in your country for this kind of information and support.
- + I want more extensive security for my laptop - what can I do?
Toshiba offers a variety of additional services that are tailored especially to your needs.
You can chose from a great range of Services on the Toshiba Online Store!
- + Should I back up my software?
You are responsible for backing-up any important data stored on your product. If your product was supplied with a recovery medium, keep it in a safe place because you are responsible for backing up the medium. Please note that Data Recovery is not included in Toshiba’s Standard Warranty. TIP:
In case you wish full protection against imminent loss of data, Toshiba offers a Data Recovery Service.
- + What do I need to include when returning a product?
You will be required to deliver your Toshiba System including battery, power cord and AC adapter and arrange for its collection upon completion of repair.
- + Is it possible to repair the laptop myself and only receive the necessary part from Toshiba?
Customer Replaceable Units may be shipped to you by Toshiba. Customer Replaceable Units are parts that you can replace and/or install yourself. So you don’t need to bring your laptop in for repair and don’t lose valuable time. You need to send the original part back as it becomes the property of Toshiba. The return is handled on Toshiba’s expense. In the event that the original part is not received by Toshiba within fifteen (15) working days after customer’s receipt of the replacement part, you will be charged the retail value of the replacement part.
- + What can I do if my product needs repair but the Standard Warranty has already expired?
Only Toshiba Authorised Service Providers are entitled to perform warranty repairs on your Toshiba system. In order to ensure the best performance of your laptop, we recommend using these providers also for out-of-warranty repairs.